Lever Manufacturing Corporation recently exhibited at the Pack Expo in Las Vegas—known as North America’s premier packaging event. The show featured more than 2,000 top-tier suppliers of advanced packaging equipment, materials, containers, automation technologies and controls across a variety of industries, including food & beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care and more.
While there, Lever promoted its superior engineering and creative solutions in the automatic roll slitter space. In particular, we talked to attendees about our model LFC-1500 automatic film cutter machine, designed to cut films in a single step without the need to rewind. The LFC-1500 heavy duty, dual knife roll slitter cuts rolls of shrink and stretch film up to 15 inches in diameter and provides dependable long-term performance in continuous production environments with minimal maintenance requirements.
The LFC-1500 is able to cut a wide range of films quickly without the need for tension control and edge guiding that are required to slit with a rewind slitter. With the LFC-1500 roll slitting machine, you can load, cut and unload slit rolls of varying widths quickly and simply without machine changeover. Other benefits include:
- User-friendly Programmable Logic Control (PLC) operation
- A color touchscreen interface
- The ability to select multiple features, including slit widths in inches or millimeters, index positioning, batch and regular cuts, and multiple speed knife entry
- High torque servomotor-driven linear actuators for knife and chipper, providing precise control and multiple penetration speeds
- High torque AC inverter drives for speed control of knife, chuck and chipper
- A servomotor-powered lead screw to provide precise spacing tolerances
- Easy knife and chipper blade installation & removal
- Automatic shaft holder
- Automatic knife sharpening
- Adjustable knife spray lubrication system
- Rubber-covered air shaft with push button inflating/deflating